Monday, October 4, 2010

Great Weekend and Great Friends

This past weekend we took the opportunity to visit some of our good friends.  We went to Winston Salem where my husband Don grew up to visit some of his childhood friends.  I think that it is amazing Don has the same friends he had since he was a child.  We always love getting the chance to visit Brandon and Crystal, Danny and Wendy, and Matty!!!  The occasion was Crystals bday and we had a nice dinner and a whole weekend of hanging around the Ellis house playing games and catching up.  We miss them so much when we go back home.  I wish we all lived closer together. 

My parents and my sister kept the kids for us while we were away.  I am so grateful that they were willing to help out and keep the kids while we took some time away.  I really have a wonderful mother and father and baby sister.  I am very thankful for my family <3

We miss the babies when we are away from them which is not very often.  However, we do love the rare times that we can focus on each other.  That really doesn't make us miss the little ones any less.  Thank God for technology though, because my mother and sister texted pictures and updates daily of the babies and how they were doing.  I love when I get a text message with one of my smiling angels.  I am sure they missed mommy and daddy, but I bet they enjoyed really being spoiled by nana, papa, and their BB this weekend.  Below are some of the picture texts I received this weekend of the kiddos.





No comments:

Post a Comment