Saturday, October 9, 2010

Flashback Friday a little late...

I was supposed to do this last night but I passed out before I got the chance to post.  I wanted to do a flashback Friday.  I wanted to do a flashback to our wedding and where our life together was started especially since the blog is so new.  However, we met and started dating more than 4 years before we ever said I do. I really debated about what to do for Flashback Friday but as you will read my day yesterday really solidified my idea. 

Yesterday was a very busy day.  It was only supposed to be lunch with a very good friend, but then I needed to go to Rocky Mount.  Of course what is a trip to Rocky Mount without stopping by and visiting Don at work.  Everyone who works in IS with Don are in love with the kids.  I only had Everett yesterday and I think he really enjoyed all of the attention and M&M's.  Well it was so late when we visited Don that we decided what is a visit to Rocky Mount without dinner.  So we stopped for a date night.  Everett is still so small that we can still have a decent date night even if he tags along.  It is so nice to get a nice dinner and some time shopping with Don.  Little man was an angel as always which made the night even better.  To end the evening we had a nice but very rare treat of Dunkin' Doughnuts.  On the ride home I got the opportunity to listen to the Focus on the Family radio program. 

The broadcast last night was Kirk Cameron and his wife Chelsea talking about love and marriage.  It was such a great broadcast that stepped on my toes.  They really brought up some great point on things I need to work on in our marriage.  The biggest point I took from the broadcast was the line Chelsea Cameron said " I can't be a better mother than I am a wife."  I think all too often my priorities are skewed.  The broadcast also helped me remember how much more in love I am with Don now than I was over 8 years ago when we met.  I never thought that was possible on our Wedding day!  I never thought I could love him anymore than I did in that moment and boy was I wrong.
Below are the 2 links to the radio broadcast I listened to last night. 

Making your Marriage a Priority with Kirk and Chelsea Cameron (part I)
Making your Marriage a Priority with Kirk and Chelsea Cameron (part II)

I didn't forget about flashback Friday our wedding day May 20th, 2006. 








































and Now of course






No comments:

Post a Comment