Monday, July 30, 2012

Vacation part 2

If there is one trip we love it has to be camping hands down.  Don, I, and the kids absolutely love everything about camping.  The tent, the camp fire, the lake, cooking out doors, s'mores, it's all so much fun.  So we try to camp at our usual primitive campground at Badin Lake 3 or 4 times a year especially through the fall and spring when the weather is nice.  So for our last camping trip before the fall we headed out for a Friday through Memorial day Monday trip to Badin Lake.  Since we are in the Uwharrie Mountains (err hills if you ask me) so close to Asheboro we purchased a zoo membership that we keep up each year.  It comes in handy because we visit the zoo often and even get into other zoo's and aquariums across the US for free too. The weather was a bit warm for my liking but not as bad as Labor day last year when I thought I was going to COOK but I was also 5 months pregnant.  The kids both enjoyed helping set up camp, cook, catch fireflies, go for walks, and most of all visit the zoo. I would say that camping has to be one of my favorite vacations.



No comments:

Post a Comment