Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Today I cried...

Today I cried... Not because I was hurt or because someone died, not even because I hear a sad story or because I saw a sad movie. Today I cried like a baby because I was given a picture. I am sure you are wondering what in the world could this picture have been of? My Beautiful daughter Ashlynn. That really doesn't make any sense does it? I cried today because the said picture was of my baby in her cap and gown. I cried today because I realize in less than 2 months my baby will no longer be a preschooler and she will have graduated from West Nash UMC preschool. I cried today because I realize life as we know it is changing so fast and there isn't anything I can do to slow it down. My little girl isn't so teeny tiny anymore. She will be a kindergartener in a few short months. Where did 5 years go? I cried today because I realize that my little girl will be in her High School cap and gown before I know it. I want her to stay little forever. I want her to need mommy to help her do things and not be so independent. I want these days with her to last forever. I never understood those parents who can't wait for their little ones to go off to school, go to college, move out, and get married. I want everything to slow down. I want to enjoy these moments with my little princess. I want her to be my little preschooler not my little tiny girl who goes to "big kids school." It goes by way to fast and that is not a cliche' saying. The past 5 years flew by and today I realized just how short of a time they are little. I cried today because my little girl is growing up and then I cried again typing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment